Friday, November 5, 2010

I've made some radical body cream.

Honestly, I enjoy using the soaps I make. I've been doing this for about a year now, and I've been able to find a recipe and some scents that I love.  I also like the fact that the soap is biodegradable and detergent free. BUT what I really love is this body butter that I made a couple weeks ago. 

Taah Daah!

There are a lot of benefits to using shea butter and apricot oil.  If you click on the previously highlighted words they will take you to some informative links.  If you would like the short version. . . they are both naturally moisturizing and absorb easily into the skin.  They are said to have anti-aging properties and are high in vitamin A and E.  Shea butter also acts as a natural spf in the range of  6.

The recipe is very simple, but it is time consuming to make.  It's a blend of melted shea butter and apricot oil  whipped together while cooling. You can add a scent or keep it plain with only the fragrance of the shea. Shenandoah Elbow Grease is made plain or has a more masculine scent.  Yes, I said masculine.  Men actually like using this, too!   It helps soften hard worked hands, feet, and elbows.  This stuff goes on slightly greasy (because it's oil) but absorbs within about a minute and you will only notice the moisturizing effects.

Next week, I'm going to show you how to make it!  I'll even show you where to buy the ingredients!  All right, calm down!  You all can't start commenting at once!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly -- I'd like to carry some of these. Any chance you could being them by the store today or tomorrow before the tea tasting? I think several of the women going to the tea tasting would be interested in this products. Later, Maude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maude,
    I'd love to bring these to the Market! See you there on the 11th!

    ReplyDelete