Saturday, October 30, 2010

It makes me look like I'm good at this.

I am a beginner when it comes to sewing.  Waaayy back in 1990 (insert squiggly time warp lines), I learned how to sew in my first home economics class.  I have to admit that I was pretty good for a (cough, choke) year old and never sewed my fingers once.  I've started a lot of projects over the years like the beautiful burgundy satin dress that never got any sleeves to an attempted reupholstering of the gargantuan 80's sectional that one of my co-workers tricked me into taking off her hands.

Something sorta like this gem but imagine it white with paint splashes.


Lately, I've decided to tackle projects that I can actually finish (eventually).  I found and bought this great bag pattern at Noodlehead that I've been sewing the heck out of.  Of course, she is much better at it than I am but here are a few that I've made recently. 



I'd say the pattern is definitely easy to use and beginner friendly.  I have been teaching myself a lot of new techniques as I go, and I've been cursing much less!  I think that's a good sign.

I'm planning on posting these in the Etsy shop.  What do you think?  Do they look like winners?

No comments:

Post a Comment