Saturday, November 13, 2010

Scroogery is a word, right?

Three years ago, I got fed up with holiday gift giving pressure. The anxiety and financial obligation compounded and turned into some ugly Scroogery on my part. The expectation that I had to spend money on someone in order for him or her to feel some sort of fulfillment bothered me ... a lot.  So, I decided to start creating useful handmade gifts for friends and loved ones, because I enjoy gift giving. 

Coming up with something that men and women could both enjoy was tough, so I made some soaps and lotions.  I never had the intention of selling them, but I had so much encouragement from people who tried them that I've decided to try to make it work.

Consider giving some handmade gifts this season.  There are a lot of excellent quality products out there that provide charm and character.  Click on those links to get to some of my Treasury lists on Etsy.

You should also try to make it to this if you can:

NO MORE BAH HUMBUG!
Shenandoah Soaps will be the guest of  Folie a Deux Boutique.  If you've never been to a STL Craft Mafia event, now is your chance to get in on the action and have a good time.

See you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment