Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Update from the Craft Show

Holi-DIY was a great success this weekend.  Once again, STL Craft Mafia did an excellent job with their formula:  quality crafts + a little booze + a friendly atmosphere = money well spent.  The scene was set with local creations from terrariums to designer clothing and even included a "Steam Punk" Santa for the kiddos.

Two weeks ago, I spent a small fortune at the Rock 'n' Roll Craft Show and was able to get most of my Christmas shopping finished.  This week, I only allowed myself one purchase which was a skein of art yarn from Dyeabolical Yarns.  I think it is absolutely beautiful.  I quickly put it to use and finished crocheting a small cowl/neck warmer, and I think it is lovely.  It will likely be posted on the Etsy shop in a day or two.

Hand-spun Polwarth Wool 

from Dyeabolical Yarns


Thank you to everyone who went to the show and visited my table.  I recognized a few familiar faces and met some new and interesting folks.  Some people remembered me from the Medusa Craft Show a few months back. That was certainly nice to hear.

I also want to thank my friend Kelly Hogan who invited me as her guest and reminded me that bringing home-brewed beers for us to enjoy followed suit with the DIY theme.  That Kelly, she's always thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment